Tuesday, September 2, 2008

On PDA's

Every time I try WinMo, I get hurt. Every time I give up on my trusty Treo, I suffer. But I sure wish Palm would pick up the pace and do some serious work on the Plam OS: the Palm devices and OS need some updating - big time.

Back in the day, the Treo was the iPhone. Even today, the Palm Desktop seems to work better / faster on OSX / Mac. So why does it seem like Palm gave up and is lagging far behind in bringing new devices and a better Palm OS to market? I have no idea. I do know that I've given up on WinMo, I'm not going to try it again, no matter how loud or sweetly the gadget gods sing. I love my Treo 755P - it's faster than any WinMo device, I can use it with one hand, and the quick launch buttons really make my life easy. While the grass often looks greener, it isn't. The key to getting along with your PDA, is to stick with what you know and not "jumping ship" for every pretty PDA that washes down the river.

If only iPhone were a Verizon device...

No comments: