Friday, September 5, 2008

My (demo) iPhone

AT&T was kind enough to drop off a demo iPhone - I get to spend the next couple weeks putting it through its paces. It's only been a couple hours and I already see issues with the AT&T network v. my current Verizon network. If the AT&T network is slower than Verizon and I get signal is fewer places, what good is an iPhone?

So far the touch screen / UI really rocks, I'm not so convinced of the usability of the on-screen keyboard - it's just too small and since not every app rotates, you're stuck with a small keyboard. Perhaps I just have fat thumbs...

Exchange / access to my email setup quickley & easily.

But if the AT&T network is a step down, why do I need an iPhone?

BTW - the test will be a Palm 775P on Verizon against the iPhone - fair? who cares, it's my test.

More to come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've given up on thumbing the keyboard, and peck with one finger while holding the phone with the other hand. Workable, but annoying. Also, the iPhone's 3G radio is awaiting some firmware updates, which will hopefully solve the 3G signal/speed issues due to bugs in the radio's power management. On every other aspect, though, I've been loving my iPhone since getting it last weekend.