Saturday, September 6, 2008

My (demo) iPhone part 3

So I reset / cleared all data on the demo iPhone - guess what, you need to connect it to iTunes to get things going after doing an erase. This is probably not real convenient for folks on the road, traveling etc. Seems like it could create challenges in the Enterprise too - who wants to depend on a desktop app to keep a smartphone going. BTW - you can make emergency calls after an erase but before connecting to iTunes, so I guess all isn't lost, just most.

So I did the connect to iTunes and got the phone up and running - I'm now having issues when installing apps - they launch then immediately terminate, so this is today's challenge - figure out why apps like Twitterific etc won't run.

I'm really liking the mapping app and the gestures for zooming - very nice.

More to come,

A.R.T.

No comments: